Friday, September 25, 2009

Leg position whilst pressing...

So today at the gym I have been reminded of the golden rule of leg position whilst pressing weights with your arms (eg bench press, shoulder press, Arnold press ect). Whenever you are pressing you need to brace your feet on the floor, pushing through your heals, so your knees are angled at 90 degrees or a slightly greater angle (or to put it another way your feet should be further out than your knees).

How was I reminded of this? I made the rookie mistake myself today. I would like to blame the equipment - the seat of the bench is unusually close to the floor, but I guess my technique just got sloppy after the break. Well lesson learnt (again), I've now paid the price having tweaked a nerve or a muscle in my hip... how bad I'm not sure, hopefully I will good tomorrow as it's another squat day.

No comments:

Post a Comment